In this article we would like to look at a few more common stains that many of us have had to deal with. Learning how to remove common stains not only allows us to continue to enjoy our favorite clothing items it also saves money by not having to replace them before their time.
Top Laundry wants to bring value to our customers and our community. Whether you try these techniques yourself of trust Top Laundry’s wash and fold service to help you, we hope we can save you some money and get more value from the clothes you already own.
Another way we hope to bring value to our community is by asking that if you do have quality clothing that you don’t wear any more that you would consider donating them to a local charity. There are many who are less fortunate right here in our own community that would benefit from your donations.
Here is just a couple of links to local organizations that serve our community. https://opendooroutreachcenter.com/resale-store
Now let’s take a look at three more common stains and how to effectively remove them –
- If the stain is fresh and still wet, immediately sponge it with cold water and soak for 30 minutes in cold water. Rub liquid detergent into the area, then rinse.
- If the stain remains or is older, soak in a solution of 2 tablespoons of ammonia per 1 gallon of cold water. Wash in cold water and dishwashing liquid to remove any remaining stain. Repeat the detergent treatment as necessary before laundering as normal.
Grass Stains –
- For most fabrics, work laundry detergent into the stained area with a soft brush, rinse, then launder as usual
- For cotton fabrics, saturate the stain with rubbing alcohol, let stand for 10 minutes and launder as usual
- Put a piece of scrap fabric beneath the stained garment to absorb any ink that may come through. Then spray the entire stain with hair spray from about 4 to 6 inches away. Blot the stained area after spraying. You may have to repeat the process a couple of times. Then launder the garment as you normally would.
We hope you find these tips helpful and if you would rather have the peace of mind that comes with trusting the experts, please reach out to us. Top Laundry has the experience and expertise to handle just about anything. We care about what we do and we get great results!